Research Donors Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the Regulation), the data controller and the data processor is Research Donors Ltd of Unit C14, Poplar Business Park, 10 Prestons Road, London E14 9RL.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you (Your Data):
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site http://www.researchdonors.co.uk, when you visit us in person, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, book or attend an appointment, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photographs, sensitive data (such as your lifestyle and health details).
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
Should you choose to become a donor, we will also process the results of any testing we do on your samples. When donating you will have the opportunity to consent to our processing and use of personal and sensitive information in our Donor Consent Form.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use Your Data in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
We have a two-tier database system which we own and operate. When we register you as a potential donor, we will input Your Data into our first database. We will process and use the information you give to us for the purposes of:
- Verifying your identification and qualifying you as a suitable donor;
- Communicating with you about upcoming donation opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- Reminding you of scheduled appointments;
- Responding to any questions or queries you may have;
- Informing you of news, updates and information relating to Research Donors;
- Contacting your GP if an unusual result is confirmed by our initial testing of your sample.
Our second database will store some of Your Data, but in a completely anonymised format.
We will also use the services of a third party Data Processor to process the data you provide us specifically relating to your bank details. This processing is necessary to ensure that you can receive payment from us. Our third party Data Processor has an obligation to fully comply with GDPR and to store and process your data safely and securely at all times.
We will also use Your Data:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to contact your GP if an unusual result is found by our testing of your samples.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Regulation gives you the right to access Your Data. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation. Please contact to email@example.com should you wish to access data we hold about you.